Wakeland Access

NFL Playoff Recap

Missed The NFL Playoffs? Don't Worry WIN-TV's Got You Covered

Josh Webb

Landen Smith and Jackson Waitley, WIN-TV Reporters

As the NFL season comes to a close and with the super bowl on the horizon, let’s recap the NFL playoffs over the past two weeks. The wild card round kicked off with an AFC South matchup between the six seed colts and the three seed Texans. The Colts had control this entire game as they easily defeated the Texans 21-7, Andrew Luck finished with 222 yards and two touchdowns. On the NFC side, the Seahawks traveled to Dallas to take on the 10 and 6 Cowboys. This was a tight game in which the Cowboys barely edged out the Seahawks with their strong run defense. The next day started with the Chargers facing the Ravens, despite the Ravens defeating them earlier in the season the Chargers beat the Ravens in Baltimore 23-17. The final matchup of Wild Card weekend was between the Eagles and Bears let’s see how this game ended. The divisional weekend began with the Colts visiting Kansas City to play the Chiefs in frigid conditions. The chiefs handily defeated the Colts with a strong defensive game, with a score of 31-13. Following this game, the Cowboys played the Rams in the city of angels. Despite a close score, the Rams had full control of this game, their dual running back threat of Todd Gurley and C.j Anderson was too much for the Dallas defense as they combined for 238 rushing yards. Rams win 30-22 sending the Cowboys packing. Next, the Chargers traveled to Foxborough to play the Patriots. The Patriots dominated this game from start to finish as they won with a final score of 41-28. The AFC championship is a matchup between the 2 top seeds in the AFC; The Patriots will travel to Arrowhead to play the Chiefs in what will be the coldest game ever played in Kansas City. The NFC championship is between the Rams and Saints in the Superdome, two of these teams will go to Atlanta to play in the Super Bowl.