Wakeland High School Signing Day 2019

Once a year, Frisco ISD-student athletes honor their collective efforts and anticipate the future during the FISD national signing day. The FISD national signing day is a district wide inaugural celebration where students commit to pursue, attend, play, and represent colleges across the country.

On Wednesday, February 6th, the event was held at the Baylor Scott & White Sports Performance Center at 6:30pm. College recruiters, coaches, families, and athletes all attended the event, which lasted until 8:00pm. The event featured many attractions such as speakers and photo ops, as well as interviews and student media. In addition to the district signing day, campuses had individual ceremonies, meant to furthermore praise student athletes for their dedication in their select sport. Perfectly described by Mrs. Watson, these events are “[combinations] of a lot of hard work” and “a lot of dreams being realized”. Teachers, parents, and coaches were all “very very proud of these kids” and were delighted to recognize the student athletes for their success.

As the evening came to an end and the last students made their way up to the stage, the athletes smiled, knowing all they had accomplished and excited for what they will accomplish in the future. Overall, the FISD national signing day was truly a splendid event.