The student news site of Wakeland High School

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Coffee Comparison Part 1 – Starbucks

Welcome to the Wakeland Access multi-series piece on local coffee shops
Coffee Comparison Part 1 - Starbucks

Within a few miles of Wakeland there are five Starbucks locations to satisfy your caffeine needs and get you to school quickly: Eldoardo Pkwy., Main St., Panther Creek & the Tollway, and the locations inside Target and Market Street. Reporters took to the streets to fulfill their Starbucks addictions and let you know where to go.

Starbucks on Eldorado

(214) 551-8996

5722 Eldorado Pkwy, Frisco TX (75033)

5:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.

Starbucks – Eldorado Location: In Store Experience (Berklee & Ella)

We recently visited the Eldorado Parkway Starbucks. When we pulled into the parking lot there were little to no parking spaces and the drive-thru was wrapped around the building. 

From our previous visits to this Starbucks location, it has always been a reliable place to go in a hurry, but this visit changed our perspective. 

As we ordered our drinks the baristas were nice and also very patient while we looked at the menu to see what we wanted. Although they were kind, it took almost 30 minutes for our drinks to be made. It was busy but from our perspective it seemed like they were understaffed, and not prepared for a lot of customers. 

Berklee ordered the Peppermint Mocha, while Ella ordered the Iced Gingerbread Chai Latte. Berklee thought it was really good but she could not drink a lot of it because it was almost too sweet. Ella’s first sip of the drink left a bad taste in her mouth, after drinking it for longer she had to throw it away because it was too strong and gave her a headache. 

Overall, the drinks were not worth the hype that everybody claims them to be, especially having to pay $6.50 for each drink and having to wait 30 minutes. Despite the fact they weren’t good, the environment was very welcoming and the baristas were calm and patient with their customers. 

Starbucks – Eldorado Location: Drive-thru Experience (Jack)

When comparing Starbucks locations, convenience is key. This morning I checked out the Starbucks on Eldorado to test the wait times and order efficiency. I headed through the drive-thru and did not mobile order.

Upon arriving, there were two cars in front of me and I waited about five minutes. So even without mobile ordering, the service was friendly and efficient. I prefer the Eldorado Starbucks location because I don’t want to battle the Target traffic and it is the next closest one. The location on Main St. is out of the way.

When returning to Wakeland, the drink was still hot, and the food was still warm. When it comes quality service, steaming hot beverages, and tasty pastries, the Eldorado location is the way to go.

Starbucks at Panther Creek & the Tollway (Caroline & Harper)

(214) 872-1500

11999 Dallas pkwy, Frisco TX (75033)

5 a.m.-7:30 p.m.

We recently had the pleasure of visiting the Starbucks located on Dallas Parkway. Harper ordered a sugar cookie latte, and Caroline got an iced peppermint mocha. The sugar cookie latte was very sweet and had a strong sugar cookie taste, and did not taste a lot like coffee which was enjoyable. The peppermint mocha was really good too, but it wasn’t very sweet, and just had a strong peppermint flavor. From the moment we walked in, the staff greeted us and had great costumer service. We mobile ordered, but even with the drive thru, and in person orders, they still had our drinks out in under five minutes. 

We mobile ordered what we wanted, and right as we walked in it was ready. The efficiency of their mobile ordering system impressed us, making the entire process quick and convenient.

What stood out the most was the excellent service. The staff was not only efficient but also friendly, creating a welcoming environment. Their attention to detail, even during a busy time, contributed to a positive overall experience.

Starbucks continues to be a reliable go-to for quality beverages, and this visit confirmed their commitment to customer satisfaction. If you’re looking for a place that combines efficiency with a festive atmosphere, Starbucks is the perfect choice.

Starbucks – Main Street Location (Caroline)

(972) 712-3871
3193 Main St, Frisco, TX 75034
5 a.m.-8 p.m.

Even though Caroline enjoyed her experience at the Panther Creek location, the one on Main Street is her preferred location. It’s just better service and has better employees. The service is speedy the quality is better all-around. This location has the best beverages by far. Other locations tend to water down their drinks, but these are not and just taste better. Speed of service does not compromise the quality of the drink. Go a little bit out of the way to this location for better quality.

Starbucks – Target (Stein)

When it comes to battling the crowds and making the best use of time, the Target location is the one for Stein. As a busy working mom who has to be at work by 8:30, the Target location is convenient since it is across the street from my neighborhood and I don’t have to cross the Tollway. Also, getting there as soon as it opens at 8 a.m. there is usually no line. The baristas there are a little slower than at other locations, and sometimes the pastry selection is less than other places as well. A perk – you can input your Target Circle number to earn rewards. Also, you can also grab some quick items and kill two birds with one stone.

Starbucks – Market Street (Mary Kate)

Mary Kate goes to the Starbucks in Market Street because no one is there. The service there is friendly and efficient, and drinks come out quickly after ordering. The chai tea latte from this location is better than any other location because it tastes fresher and they take their time to make a quality drink. Even though it’s inside the grocery store, parking isn’t a problem and you can get your coffee and get out in no time flat.

Now, take these words of advice and find your favorite location – or try a new one.