The student news site of Wakeland High School

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Heading to the finals of the Big Dance

Final Four secured, next champion crowned Monday
ncaa.com

As basketball fans head into April, March Madness brackets are in shambles as 0% of people remain with a perfect bracket according to CBS sports.

As the Elite Eight kicked off, many people were clueless as to who would win the tournament with the multiple, and somewhat unexpected, matchups. Now only four teams remain and will play Saturday, April 6, 2024. In the Elite Eight, #3 seed Illinois played #1 seed UConn and the Huskies had an easy win with a final score of 52-77 and advanced to the Final Four. 

The #6 seed Clemson faced #4 seed Alabama. Many people think of these two schools as football powerhouses as both have been National Champions. But in March they showed they can dominate the world of football and basketball. Alabama came out on top with a final score of 82-89 over the Tigers. 

The #2 seed Tennessee Vols faced the #1 seed Purdue Boilermakers and Purdue came out victorious winning 72-66. 

Last but not least, #11 seed NC State faced Duke for what everybody thought was going to be an easy game for the Blue Devils… well we all know how that went. NC State beat the #4 seed Duke with one of the biggest upsets of the whole tournament. 

As many chaotic games occurred and fans saw huge upsets, the Final Four teams of the tournament head to Arizona and will face off this weekend to determine who will be the last two standing, and who the next National Champion will be. NC State faces Purdue Saturday, April 6, at 5:09 p.m. while Alabama plays the defending champion UConn Saturday, April 6, at 7:49 p.m. The winners of those two games will play Monday night. Catch all the action on TBS.