The student news site of Wakeland High School

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Wakeland Access

Jesus Club’s Journey

Ella Olfers

This year marks Jesus Club’s third year at Wakeland, but the club itself has been around for four years. Junior president Keegan Frasier created the club during his last year at Cobb Middle School and then decided to continue the club at Wakeland after seeing its success.

For the past three years, Jesus Club has been impacting students’ lives at Wakeland through their gatherings each Wednesday in the dance room for small groups and messages that influence the way our Wolverines go about their weeks.

“Right now in Jesus Club, we are diving into the book of James. When we gather together, we ask questions about scripture and talk about how our lives and walks with Christ are going,” Frasier said.

This year, some of Jesus Club’s pre-existing members stepped up into leadership roles, and new members joined as leaders. Specifically, junior Hope Snedaker joined Jesus Club this year and felt called upon to become a leader after attending her first meeting.

“I lead a middle school small group at my church, and I really enjoy it.  So I decided to lead at Jesus Club as well,” Snedaker said.

Jesus Club has not only incorporated new leaders this year but it has also been fostering a close-knit community. The club works to uplift members who are struggling with their faith or challenges in their lives.

“It’s a group of people who have the same values and can support each other through life trials,” sophomore leader Landon Grubb said.

Additionally, Jesus Club provides Wakeland students with an opportunity to step back from the constant cycle of life and spend some time refocusing their day on what it values most in life.

“It is important to take a pause in our day and refocus on the Lord because we get caught up in the busyness of school and sometimes forget about our purpose here,” Snedaker said.

However, the club is not only for believers of the Christian faith. Jesus Club welcomes people of all backgrounds to come and learn about the club and Christianity.

“It’s not just for believers. Any person is welcome to come and hear the word, gospel, and the good truth of the Lord,” Frasier said.

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Ella Olfers
Ella Olfers, Reporter
Hi! I’m Ella Olfers, and this is my second year writing for Wakeland Access! Outside of school I spend most of my time with my family, going to concerts, and volunteering. At Wakeland I spend most of my spare time taking pictures and writing for yearbook! 

Comments (1)

All Wakeland Access Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• J

Josh McDanielNov 28, 2023 at 12:01 pm

I love Jesus Club and go all the time. Thank you for writing this GREAT article!

Reply